Bemis Healthcare Packaging, Derry, part of the global, $5billion, Bemis Company Inc. is a world leading manufacturer of sterile barrier packaging for the medical device and pharmaceutical markets – see www.bemis.com.
As a significant employer for Derry and its hinterland Bemis required an enterprise class Human Resources application. As a result they implemented the K3 Syspro Equator Human Resources package consisting of Personnel, Time and Attendance and Payroll.
At Bemis the K3 Syspro Equator Human Resources Application is used to,
- Maintain a single database for personnel, payroll and time and attendance.
- Records and helps manage the recruitment process from applications through to appointment.
- Records information required for statutory reporting requirements for fair employment legislation.
- Gathers time and attendance clocking information based on employee work patterns and calculates the payment hours for automatic integration to the payroll module.
- Manages annual leave, holiday requests and sickness recording.
- Processes Bemis periodic payrolls which has included monthly and bi-weekly payrolls. (The package also has the facility to process weekly and four weekly payrolls.)
- The HMRC approved Payroll module is updated in line with statutory regulation and recently has helped Bemis with the application of Real Time Information (RTI) and pension auto enrolment.
- Bemis also have used the Equator Self Service Portal, which includes holiday requests and enquiry facilities.
- Interfaces Payroll Information to the Accounts General Ledger
The Equator Human Resource package makes sure that our employee information is consistent and secure across the payroll, time and attendance and general personnel functions. At Bemis we also appreciate that Equator has kept pace with changing statutory obligations
Brian Mc Laughlin – UK Region Human Resources Business Partner, Bemis Healthcare Packaging Limited.